Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How to Get Rich During Recession

Here's a blog written by one of my favorite authors, Bo Sanchez. It's really timely due to the effects of the recession that is happening in the US.

I love talking to Auntie Eunice.

She’s a petite, 4 foot 11 inches, pretty Cebuano lady who lives in California. She loves to laugh, tell stories, and always treats me to a spicy Indian lunch every time we meet. Even if she doesn’t like Indian food! But she knows I do, so that’s where she takes me.

She’s also a very successful woman. Auntie Eunice sells houses for a living. In her circles, they call her a “Million-Dollar” producer.

But more than all these, I just love talking with Auntie Eunice because of her fantastic positive energy. She rubs it on me and I feel wonderful.

But early this year, the US Recession hit the world like a crashing meteor. So when I visited her last September, I feared the worst. I knew there were a million foreclosures all over the US, and a million more houses soon to be foreclosed. People were losing their homes. Who in his right mind would buy houses now?

When I went around the West and East Coast, my fears were proven right. I met a number of Real Estate agents. Most of them told me, “I haven’t sold anything for months.” Some of them were applying for new jobs just to survive.

So when I met Auntie Eunice, I was very cautious about asking on her business. But after our little chitchat, catching up on family and stuff, I finally asked her, “How’s business, Auntie?”

Her reply floored me. She said, “Bo, I’m selling more houses now than ever before!”

My jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe my ears.

She continued, “In fact, we’re expanding. I now have 20 agents working under me. It’s a great business out there.”

I blinked hard. Was she from another planet? I wanted to ask, “Auntie Eunice, don’t you read the newspapers? Don’t you know there’s a recession out there? You shouldn’t be selling houses. You should be like everyone else, suffering and depressed, crying inside their homes watching soap operas!”

But Auntie Eunice is not like everyone else.


She Doesn’t Read The Newspapers!


I learned that she doesn’t even read the newspapers. “Why should I?” she said, “It’s filled with all these negative news.” She says she’d rather be in the streets, selling her houses to wonderful people who need wonderful homes.

That day, I met a living proof that success is all about attitude.

Auntie Eunice is that proof, standing 4’11 inches tall, right in front of me.

She doesn’t care if there’s a recession in the world.

Because in the world of Eunice, there’s no such thing. She’s declared it: “I’m not going to join the recession.”

Oh, let me mention two other great things about her: She loves people. And she loves God.

“Success is all about relationships,” she told me. “People I’ve sold houses to years ago are buying again, or they refer me to others who need new homes. We’re all friends.” I realized that more than a Real Estate Expert, Auntie Eunice is a People Expert.

Finally, she’s also a devoted Christian. Together with her husband and three beautiful adult children, they serve the Lord in various ways.


Don’t Join The Recession!


Do you want to succeed despite what’s happening around you?

You don’t have to join the recession.

Auntie Eunice reminds me that success is not about external circumstances, but about three important components: (1) a powerful mindset, (2) practical wisdom, and (3) inner character. Develop these three things, and you will succeed no matter what chaos is happening around you.

(By the way, if you want me to help you in gaining these three components of success, read by P.S. below…)

May your dreams come true,

Bo Sanchez


Enjoy life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment